A physical therapist (PT) is a medical professional who specializes in restoring mobility and motion that is usually associated with pain and pathology. A PT has the unique skills to comprehensively evaluate, identify, and correct faulty movement patterns that often are the precursor to an individual’s pain, stiffness, or physical complaint. Physical therapy should not be a passive process as PT’swork collaboratively with their patients when establishing an individualized treatment aimed at educating and guiding the recovery of a patient’s condition which ultimately improves quality of life. Alex offers comprehensive orthopedic and sports physical therapy, click on the icon below that most closely fits your needs.
• Non-operative Physical Therapy
• Post-operative Physical Therapy
• Sports Specific Physical Therapy
Course of Care and Expectations:
- Thorough Evaluation and Biomechanical Assessment.
- Individualized and clinician guided therapeutic exercise programs.
- Focused hands on and manual therapy treatment
- Education of condition and surgical precautions (when appropriate).
- Implementation of an ongoing individualized Home Exercise Program.
- Patient and co-provider communication
- Absolutely NO Overutilization of care or services!
Goals of Physical Therapy Care:
- Manage pain and discomfort
- Ensure proper tissue healing
- Restore Range of Motion
- Restore Normal Movement patterns
- Restore Strength
- Return to full pain free daily activities
- Return to pain free recreational activities
Our professional staff utilize many of the latest and best assessment, treatment, and manual therapy techniques including:
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation and Muscle Energy Techniques (PNF).
- Grade I-V Joint mobilizations including cervical spine and lumbar spine mobilizations.
- Soft Tissue Mobilization, Trigger point and Myofascial Release Techniques
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS)